Saturday, August 04, 2007
I have no idea who these children are, I just couldn't resist taking this photo as we strolled through the redwoods one day on our recent trip.
But the photo reminds me that the sons of two of my good friends are being married today, and I can't be there. One wedding is in Pennsylvania and the other is in North Carolina. I pray God will bless those marriages, protect them from divorce, and let them live happily ever after. (Do you know how seldom that happens these days?)
I should also add that there was plenty of squabbling going on between these two children, but in the end, they decided to go it together.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
I'm starting to feel somewhat caught up with all the details that were left unattended while we were traveling. I've managed to do such exciting things as empty the cat box, clean the bathroom, get all the wrinkles out of the clothes that were stuffed in the suitcase, replace the door knob on the front door, pay a couple bills, go to work, and buy groceries. I still have a pile of stuff on my desk to deal with that needs some serious attention. I've also uploaded about half of my photos to my online photo album .
While in California, I visited an internet friend named Lisa. Turns out she and her family know a bunch of people that I know. The Christian world isn't all that big. Photos of my visit to her bamboo farm are on in my photo album too.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
We glad to be home safely. Here's the statistics for our 15-day trip:
- 1 - night at a resort with the bathroom down the hall
- 2 - miles walking in an underground cave
- 2 - rental cars
- 4 - meals at gas stations
- 4 - times the laptop was on the internet
- 5 - waterfalls
- 5 - times Gary preached his sermon
- 7 - sets of relatives we visited
- 8 - beds slept in
- 13 - homes we ate in
- too many to count - times we made wrong turns
- too many to count - times we yelled at each other for making wrong turns
- too many to count - photos taken of cool places
- too many to count - good conversations with friends and supporters