Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Scottie, the 11-year old politician

This is Scott's third day with us. Last night I could hardly get him to go to bed because he was engrossed in a political show on PBS. He wouldn't go to bed until I agreed to set the VCR going.

Today on the way home from picking him up from school he told me he wants to become a politician when he grows up. Then he proceeded to grill me about for whom I voted, but I told him it wasn't polite to ask that question.

Then during dinner he told us he wanted to be the governor of Washington state. We suggested maybe he start with the school board or local mayor first. And I suppose moving to Washington might help too.

I'm recording this in my blog in case he becomes president someday. I'll let him stay up a little late tonight so he can watch the election returns.

No comments: