Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bottom of the Pecking Order

I've been watching my bird feeder quite a bit on these cold winter days. (I know,I shouldn't complain, I live in Dallas.) Sometimes there is just one bird on the feeder at a time. Then another bird comes along and the first one flies off. But other times I've seen four or more different species on the feeder at the same time. But they don't stay for long with each one eating from his own corner. No, they fight each other off. The male cardinal beats the female cardinal who beats the juncos who beat the sparrows. The sparrows do seem to be at the bottom of the pecking order. Jesus must have known that when he said, "yet not one sparrow falls to the ground without the Father's consent."

This has gotten me thinking about life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what to you think about life?

- Eeyore

Thainamu said...

Well, I think a lot of things. But in this context I was just thinking that Jesus didn't use a male cardinal or an eagle in his illustration.

Thainamu said...

Hmm, looks like they've changed the Blogger commenting system while I was out for the day.