Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!


Valentine earrings Posted by Hello

I was 38 years old before I got permission to pierce my ears. The year it finally happened my oldest child, then in 6th grade, bought me these lovely Valentine's earrings. I wear them about once a year.

I just got back from the grocery store. I told Gary I was taking him out to dinner. We only went to KFC, and really I was just doing that to make him go to the grocery store with me. I decided this was a guaranteed way to make sure I got chocolate for Valentine's Day.

He's not all that romantic, but I'm the person who wants a vaccuum cleaner for an anniversary present. I think romance is basically overrated, though an occasional unexpected gesture is appreciated. I'm happy to be married to my best friend who doesn't think I'm stupid.

Speaking of gifts, Rachel called this afternoon to say she had gotten a dozen white roses delivered to her at college. No, not from her true love, but from a boy who is belatedly showing her his love and affection. It made her happy. She also said that Valentine's Day is a good day to be a school teacher--she got several gifts from her students.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious---whose permission did you need?
GrammaMack