Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Rhododendrons in DC


Rhododendrons in DC

I'm posting from our nation's capital, from David's new tiny laptop computer which is stealing unsecured internet from some neighbor. I'll pass my time with this post while I'm waiting for him to return from having breakfast with the father of a certain Miss Someone.

Here are some observations from my trip so far:

  • There are 9 small pretzels in a 1/2 oz bag.
  • My favorite tee shirt sighting: "My next husband will be normal."
  • Clouds look different when viewed from the top.
  • When you fly into DCA, be sure you make a bathroom visit early in the flight, or else don't drink anything. They have a rule on this particular flight that you may not, for any reason, get out of your seat for the last 30 minutes of the flight.
  • In spite of fashion, jeans and athletic shoes are still the preferred dress for tourists.
  • Miss Someone is a nice girl.
  • Electron microscopes are cool.
  • So is liquid nitrogen.
  • Likewise the Air and Space Museum.
  • I must be the last person in the universe without a cell phone.

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Yes, I think you are the last person in the galaxy to not own a cell phone. We have two, and used them on the way home to communicate from car to car. That is, when the walkie-talkies didn't work...

Have a great visit :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey congradulations!! You may be the last person not to own a cell phone but I have one and can't figure out how to use it...except to call my girls and phone home. I am slightly jealous that you got together with Ma and her family....and the I didn't get to be a part of the party....Now you all need to come to CA.
MoM