Sunday, June 19, 2005

Ax Murderers?

I'm seriously considering traveling next month to Philadelphia so that I can attend a wedding of some people I've never met in real life. When I said that to some of my real-life friends, they replied, "Why would you want to spend the money and effort to go visit them? You don't even know them. And what if they are ax-murderers?"

Well, truth be told, I think I have gotten to know them--to some degree, at least. After talking to people for many months, and listening to them talk to each other, and praying for them, I do think I know them. And I think it will be fun to get to know them IRL (that's "In Real Life" for those who don't know).

3 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Hey.....WE turned out to be safe :-D

Thainamu said...

True, true. But these are YOUNG people. Do you think I can trust them?? :-) I know you've heard that saying, "Don't trust anybody under 30."

MoM said...

But that would include most of our children as well...the under 30 catagory. I think they are pretty nice! Give it a try. After all Ma Hoyt and I can see how well you fair....then we can stick our necks out!