Friday, July 08, 2005

Off to LA


Off to LA

Tonight Rachel and the singles group are having a sleepover at the church. That's because they are leaving at 4am tomorrow to drive to Los Angeles. They will be in downtown LA working in soup kitchens, food distribution places, and in Boys' and Girls' clubs M-F next week. Then they drive home next weekend. There are 4 boys and 4 girls going--but really I should be calling them men and women, shouldn't I?--they range in age from 24-33. They will be traveling in a 15-passenger van.

Please pray for their safety and effective ministry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- Sounds like a fun, but busy week for Rachel!
Glad you enjoyed the pick up lines - it was fun to see what others added! :-) I don't date, but would never think of using any of the "lines". ;-) Hopefully I'll get a picture up today of the cookies that I made...if any of the pics turned out and weren't erased from the camera by younger siblings!!!