Thursday, February 23, 2006

Privy to Certain Information

It is mostly kids the age of my kids who have blogs, and mostly the parents of those kids don't even know what blogs are. And mostly kids who have blogs know, or at least think they know, that their parents do not read their blogs.

For instance, there are a group of kids I know who all have blogs, and they just happen to be the offspring of adults I also know. So what happens is this: I hear the parents say things about their kids when the kids are not there, and I read about the lives of these same kids on their blogs. Sometimes I realize that I know more about a young person's life (at least a given situation in their life) than their parents do. Sometimes I realize that I know more about an adult's life than their child does.

This situation makes me feel a tad awkward from time to time.

No comments: