Thursday, April 06, 2006

Up On the Hoist, Daddy!

I'm over 50 years old, but today I remembered something I did when I was less than 10. The man who is fixing up Rachel's car needed help with bleeding the brakes and since Rachel was babysitting, I went to the auto shop to help him out. Halfway through the procedure he said, "I'm sending you up on the lift."

My mind flooded with happy memories of running around my dad's garage, watching bubbles in the tank of water to check inner tube repairs, counting plow shares, and getting rides up on the hoist.

2 comments:

MoM said...

Some how after 50 it is the little things in life that bring back such joyful memories! Maybe before then we are just to busy to try and remember....

calm said...

I'm well under 50 atm (almost halfway :D). I can remember thigns from before I was ten. I'll let you know in a couple of decades.