Monday, April 16, 2007

A Walk


Yesterday the weather was gorgeous, so I went for a walk on the nearby trails. These trails are more or less maintained, but I did find a lot of poison ivy close to the trails anyway.

These trails have cute names like The Trail Down Under and MK Trace, but the one I went on was called Coon Crossing. I saw no coons, but I nearly step on this cool beetle:

This is the best time of year to look for wildflowers, and I found a few new ones to add to my collection. Here is a collage of the four new ones I found, but I was only able to identify 3 of the 4. If you want to see the names, check out my web album of flowers, wild.

2 comments:

Freethinker said...

Nice close up of the beetle.

Thainamu said...

If you look very closely at the wildflower photos, esp. the ones on my web album, you can see a glob of pollen in between the feet of the bee on the ?? flower (the only one I couldn't identify).