Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Scarlet Flax




At Ma's encouragement, here is yet another wildflower photo. These were planted all around the propane tank, where we had sunflowers last year. Actually, I think there are two sunflowers coming up on their own in the midst of the scarlet flax.

In other news, the neighbors have gotten two new dogs, named Boomer and Sooner (guess which state they're from?). I've heard the dogs bark a few times at night and also when I visit the compost pile, but they haven't kept me from sleeping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boomer Sooner! Ack! Oh my gosh! That's like me calling my dog Bevo. Sigh. Okies don't have much imagination.

Thainamu said...

Well Boomer and Sooner themselves are pretty clever because today they figured out how to open the gate on their pen. And since my back door was open, they came in and paid us a visit. Rachel rounded them up and took them home, and for her efforts was covered with dog slobber.

Ma Hoyt said...

Scarlet Flax...I actually grew some one year, in a bunch of scattered wildflower seed.

Will you be weaving your own linen, then?