Saturday, June 16, 2007

Screen Door

Today has been a day of making things.

First, Rachel and I baked cookies that the 3-5 year olds will turn into Father's Day gifts tomorrow at Children's Church. Here is a sample:


Next, it was helping Rachel edit a photo for and think about a new business card. Here's the photo we used:

Lastly, I made a screen door for the sliding door. I found an idea in the airline magazine, so I made my own version of it. It is simply a 36" wide piece of nylon screening with a casing on top and bottom. The top is held in place with a tension rod, and the bottom has a plastic-encased chain in it to provide a flexible weigh to make it automatically fall back into place after one walks outside. (No photo, I mean who wants to see a photo of a screen door?

I should have done a bit more house cleaning today--I only managed to get one bathroom cleaned and one load of laundry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but how do you keep the sides of the screen flat? i mean wouldnt it blow open on the sides?

and BTW I hate the little code thingy's.....you should be glad i like you

-mandie

Thainamu said...

Mandie, I am very glad you like me!!

The sides of the screen are pretty much tight up against the door frame. The tension bar fits snuggly right in the spot where the original sliding screen used to be. There isn't a perfect seal, but pretty good. And yes, if the wind is blowing hard, it might now stay in place. Also, the cat is going to figure it out pretty soon, I'm afraid.