Thursday, January 10, 2008

Coming Out of a Dark Fog?


I've been struggling with a bit of the winter blues recently. I'm only now feeling enough better to be able to blog about it. I guess I feel like I shouldn't use my blog as a place to host a pity party, so sometimes I don't say what I would actually like to say. I don't like it when others play the "poor me" card, so I shouldn't do it either.

Anyway, I've felt kind of down for 6-8 weeks. Yesterday I went back through my private journals and discovered a list of about 6-7 "things" that have contributed to my dark feelings. None of them was that big of a deal by itself, but I think their effects were cumulative. I've also known myself to be sensitive to sunlight--I probably have a case of SAD. Clinical depression is probably too strong of a phrase to describe how I've been feeling, but maybe "mild depression" isn't.

If you are a person who believes in prayer, and if you think about me, pray for my attitude to improve. I do believe the problem is my attitude, not the "things" in and of themselves. In other words, I don't want to excuse/blame my sadness on circumstances because God does not promise us a pain-free life, yet He asks us to rejoice always.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

I will be praying for you!

Ryann said...

I, too, get the winter blues, and will continue to pray for you.

daysease said...

well, sometimes the blues are not just something that come with winter... in all seasons God is the same so you can rely on His promises in His word:to never give you more than you can handle in His strength (1 Cor. 10:13)or to never leave or forsake you, etc... i have also passed some seasons of depression... Romans 12 and Philippians 4 were chapters that i read often. today i was reading Psalm 62 and 63 and they really blessed me. perhaps they can minister to you as well. i do hope that you will continue trusting in, clinging to, relying on, and believing in Jesus. He is our strength when we are weak,He is our hope,joy, and peace in all times. may He fill you with his encouragement in a special way today and release you from this cloudy time. hang in there. blessings from a sister...