Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Prairie Paintbrush

Click on the photo to see a larger, nicer version.

Gary and I gobbled our dinner down and then drove to Cedar Hill State Park for a lovely walk. The place was pretty much deserted. We went to the south end of the park where we knew there to be a patch of tall grass prairie left, and we found this beauty. It's cousin, Indian Paintbrush, is in bloom now too, along the highways we see them mixed in with the bluebonnets.

In other news, it looks like April will be the month for a physical overhaul--I've got appointments with eye doctor, dentist, and have scheduled my annual physical (which I missed last year due to being too busy with a wedding and a grandbaby). Yep, I'm getting old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.