Monday, February 21, 2011

Great Backyard Bird Count--Day 4


Last day. Good thing, too, so I can get back to work on the rest of life.

Here's my list for today. I went to our local city park which has a yucky little lake, but it did have a bunch of ducks on it today. I don't feel 100% on the IDs of the ring-necked ducks, but I'm going to claim them anyway. Also, I saw a Common Yellowthroat, but I wished I could have gotten another look. The Brown Creeper was only the second one I've ever seen.

Gadwall - 4
American Wigeon - 6
Mallard - 8
Ring-necked Duck - 4
Lesser Scaup - 6
Turkey Vulture - 1
Mourning Dove - 2
Blue Jay - 1
American Crow - 1
Carolina Chickadee - 2
Brown Creeper - 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 1
European Starling - 1
Common Yellowthroat - 1
Northern Cardinal - 1
Great-tailed Grackle - 30


No comments: