Monday, July 09, 2012

Too Good

Wow, it looks like Blogger has changed a lot since I was last here.  Nowadays, change is better, right??

Some time ago I decided to use my other blog for my frequent chit-chat blather, keeping friends and family up to date with our daily lives.  Nothing earth-shattering, just the daily news.

Anyway, today I'm using this old blog to put into print the fact that I'm feeling like my life is too good.  No, not bragging.  In fact, I almost feel guilty for having such a perfect life.  Or more to the point, I might feel a twinge of guilt mixed with my sympathy for others because my child didn't commit suicide and my husband didn't run off and my credit card is paid off and I don't have cancer and I do have air conditioning and my house is too big, and my friends are too kind and my kids still like me, and, well--you get the idea.  In other words, I see others suffering and I sometimes wonder why it isn't me.  The only sensible answer I can come up with is that God has been both merciful and gracious to me, not giving me what I do deserve on the one hand and giving me what I don't deserve on the other.  I don't know why.  But I know I am blessed and I am grateful to Him.

No comments: