Tuesday, August 10, 2004

No cooking tonight

Yay! I didn't have to cook dinner tonight. Why? you ask.* Well, D. and his "friend" decided to make dinner. I'm all for that! He went to the store and bought a few ingredients and they made tacos, Mexican rice, and heated some vegetables. Not bad. And--the best part--they cleaned up the kitchen afterwards.

I say "friend" because it is probably too early in the relationship to say "girlfriend." I pray that the Lord will lead them clearly and they will honor him in their relationship. D. has a lot of years of education ahead of him if he wants to become a doctor, so I don't know how that fits into the equation either.

R. is saying goodbye to one of her friends tonight. They have gone to Bible study. He "doesn't date," so there was never any need to worry about what to call him :-) He has been a good friend to her this summer--made her get involved at church--and I think she has helped him to broaden his horizons a little too. They just drove off to Bible study with her driving--this might be only the second or third time she's driven in the last 6 months. Lord, keep them safe! He did say a funny thing to her early this summer (well, at least I thought it was funny) "I don't want to spend time with you because then I might like you." He would make Joshua Harris proud.

*I use the pronoun rhetorically, since I have no evidence that anyone reads this. I know a couple people have read one or two entries in the past, but I suspect no one reads it regularily.

No comments: