Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Top 10 places my cat likes to sleep

I suppose there comes a time in the life of every blogger when he (or in my case, she), writes a blog entry about his or her pets. With my nest being empty these days, my cat is getting more than her fair share of attention. Her reaction to all this fussing over by me: sleep.

  1. Inside the dresser drawers - if you leave it open, she will come
  2. On top of the dining room table - Bad cat!
  3. On the telephone stand
  4. In the car - one day I found the cat in the car when I returned from a meeting in the hot summer. We nearly had cooked cat for dinner.
  5. On the bed
  6. Inside the bathroom sink - this is when she's waiting for you to turn the water on so she can get a drink of fresh water
  7. Inside the bathroom cupboard - snuggled behind the pile of clean towels
  8. Inside the dryer
  9. Inside a cardboard box
  10. On top of one's laptop, near the polar bears

5 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

I would just like to know how that cat opened the dryer door.....

Me said...

Your cat is amazing! How can they sleep so much!?


Ma Hoyt, come visit me too! I have totally enjoyed Ardith's posts about her family life. She's great.

www.metnal.com/julie

Thainamu said...

Julie, you need to join M.O.C.K. too! (Mothers Of College Kids, an organization dedicated to helping and harrassing our college kids) Your firstborn just went off to college, didn't she? Check out older posts in Ma Hoyt's blog for all the details.

Ma Hoyt, I met Julie on the same forum where Ardith and Jew and I post.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Simons,

Thank you for this great post! I loved seeing the pictures of your cat again. I remember when she used to sleep in my room sometimes, and I definitely remember her waiting for water from the faucet.

Thanks for the memories!

Charles Wesley

Thainamu said...

Hey Charley! Thanks for stopping by. You were the person who introduced me to blogging two years ago. Now I'm doing it too, it's your fault. I won't mention the other things that were your fault... :-)