Friday, February 25, 2005

Overrun with Pretty Girls


Teen Mania interns Posted by Hello

Last night we had these four lovely ladies come to stay with us for four days. They are interns with Teen Mania, a Christian group that sends young people out on short term mission trips. They are in Dallas this weekend for an event called Acquire the Fire which is a weekend-long event including Christian bands, speakers, and corporate worship. In a loud way.

The MKs in our community attend most every year and several of them go on the summer trips. Our daughter took one of these summer trips to Venezuela while she was in HS.

I wondered if our facilities were adequate for these girls, but after they told me they actually live on a tour bus, I decided our place must seem palatial. We are to provide a place for them to sleep and breakfast in the morning. Turns out they needed a washing machine and internet access too, but we've got plenty of that too.

Today I got a call saying a 5th girl may be joining them tonight.

Note to any of my young gentlemen readers: No, you may not come and "visit Aunt Linda" while they are here.

3 comments:

Thainamu said...

I've been told not to trust you.

Anonymous said...

Can I come if Jew promises to be good?

- Eeyore

Thainamu said...

You both might be oafs.