Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hot Lipstick

Last evening we noticed that even though the air conditioner was running, it was getting warmer and warmer. Sure enough, the a/c has quit working. Lucky for us, we have a guest room at the other end of the house and it has a small wall air conditioner. So we slept in our own guest room last night.

When I moved the bed to put on the sheets, I found a lipstick on the floor under the bed. Hmm, who could this belong to--I don't wear lipstick. Ma Hoyt, is it yours?? I won't bother mailing it to you, it was nearly gone anyway. I just hope you didn't look too washed out at Ardith's graduation :-)

I called the air conditioning place this morning, but they couldn't come today. They promise to come tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about this...

In the meantime, my friend made me go wedding dress shopping today. No, not for a wedding dress, for a dress for the wedding. I'm looking for an official Mother of the Groom dress. Ugh. I hate shopping.

5 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Hey Thainamu :-)

That might be my back-up stick. I don't know. Actually, when we got back, my blue case of make-up (includes five items) was gone. But it couldn't have happened at your place...cause I had it until returning home.

Why don't you make it easy on yourself, and go in something sure to make a splash: a Mother of the Groom Barrel... :-D

Thainamu said...

The lipstick case is blue, Avon.

Barrel might be a great idea. Are special undergarments required with that? And what shoes would go with?

Ma Hoyt said...

OK. I can safely say it is not mine.

I have never bought Avon.

*sigh*

Thainamu said...

Does this mean I need to go on a search and destroy mission to find out who's been leaving their lipstick at my house??!!

And, I thought you'd want to know that someone suggested wooden clogs would be the perfect footwear to go with a barrel.

Anonymous said...

I have an old pair of wooden clogs from the 70's you could use :-)