Friday, October 07, 2005

How Do You Like Your Eggs?

I decided to be ambitious today and prepare my breakfast for the next week. I like to make a bunch of breakfast burritos at one time, then freeze them so I have a quick breakfast ready for the coming days. So I got 10 tortillas ready, cracked 10 eggs into a bowl, sauted some onions and green peppers. Then I somehow managed to tip the bowl of eggs--not yet scrambled--over onto the stove, one of those smooth glass cooktops.

I started cleaning up the mess. Do you know how hard it is to pick up spilled eggs? While doing this, some of the eggs spread over the hot burner. Voila! Cooked eggs with no pan to clean up! Nice smell, too.

I broke out into hysterical laugher--all by myself with no one around to listen.

3 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Unfortunately, I do know how hard it is to clean up spilled eggs. Just not that many at once :-)

That'll teach ya to try and be effecient....

Ma Hoyt said...

(or "efficient") *sigh*

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha..
well, at least you can know you have someone laughing with you now! scrambled..raw.. eggs.. on a smooth stove.. hahahah..

oh the mental image!

it's actually worse with a stove that has all the crack and crannies.. I know!