Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Change Is Not Easy

An honest answer is a sign of true friendship. 24:26


From an email from my boss to our entire group:
4) One of our clever AA team members snooped out the Martin Van Buren reference letter. She discovered this link on urban legends. Apparently it has been used for purposes such as ours more than once! Seems that it doesn't float!
http://www.snopes.com/language/document/vanburen.htm

*takes bow*

Overheard:
I have to write it on the list so I can cross it off.

3 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Say...um....can you explain, please? I went to the site, read it, but don't quite get what you're saying....

signed, the dummy

Thainamu said...

Our boss read the letter during a staff meeting to reinforce his plan to make some changes in the way we do our work. So finding that this letter was a hoax saved him from spreading it further and embarrassing himself further. Actually, my husband was impressed that I ferreted out this information--and he's hard to impress :-)

Ma Hoyt said...

Ah, impressing the husband is always a good thing.