Saturday, May 06, 2006

Happy Mommy's Recipe Collection

It has been pointed out to me that sometimes my Empty Nest blog is too informative, too open, too public, too offensive, too revealing, or just plain "not appropriate." I'm guessing it would be OK if I typed out cookie recipes.

Therefore, I am repenting and will try to be nicer. I will try to follow the words of my late father, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." I suppose that could mean a lot fewer posts, huh? :-/

In case I never post again (just kidding), here is a recipe. Good if you need desert for a crowd.

Chocolate Peanut Bars

Combine in large saucepan:
1 ½ cups light corn syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Bring to boil over medium heat, boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add
1 cup peanut butter
and mix well. Then stir in and mix well:
7 cups cornflakes
2 cups salted peanuts
Press into heavily greased jelly roll pan (oversized 12in.x17in. works well) with slightly wet hands. For topping, melt together in microwave:
2 cups chocolate chips
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons shortening
Spread over bars with back of spoon.
Refrigerate until topping is set then cut into bars. Makes 4 dozen or more.

4 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Hey....if anyone has a problem with you, just send them to me and I'll deal with them.

Anonymous said...

The point of a blog is to put what you want on there and express yourself, but perhaps before you post you should just consider if what you are saying would hurt your feelings or upset you if someone posted it about you. Also, perhaps somethings should just not be on a blog, they are personal.

Thainamu said...

Good point, Mr. or Ms. Anonymous, whoever you are. I think your first sentence is a good metric to apply in judging appropriateness.

But I'm not so sure I fully agree with your second sentence. I should learn to distinguish between personal and too personal. But if I can't say anything personal, then my blog would have no point.

Anonymous said...

what I pretty much meant is sometimes we don't think of something as personal but to someone else, the person it pertains to, may find it to be so. It is hard to know what is and is not too personal sometimes. I guess that is why the first sentance has been a rule I have had.