Monday, January 15, 2007

Official End of Extended Holiday Season

Today is a holiday, MLK day to be exact. No work at the office, but that won't stop us from doing a few things around the house. One thing I did today was take down all of the Christmas greeting cards that I had taped to the wall for display. I left them up long past the other Christmas decorations--partly because I love to be reminded of all the friends we have (and partly because I'm so lazy).

As I took them down, I sorted them into categories as to who sent them:
  • 11 - relatives
  • 4 - coworkers
  • 8 - supporters
  • 2 - commercial companies
  • 6 - friends from our old church
  • 1 - friend from new church (Hmm, looks like we need to work on our apparently fading social skills.)
  • 1 - friend from an online forum
  • 7 - generic friends
Now that totals 40 cards, but let's not also forget the two that were unsigned and the four that were actually anniversary cards, making a grand total of 46.

(What is it that drives me categorize and count things?)

3 comments:

Freethinker said...

Are generic friends cheaper than prescription ones?

Ma Hoyt said...

Ummmm....I have yet to send out our Christmas letter.

I think it's going to be a Valentine's Day kinda thing

Thainamu said...

Actually, generic, multipurpose friends are a lot harder to come by than specialty friends.

And I kind of like the idea of a Valentine's letter--it is too hard to read them all when they all arrive the last 10 days of December.