Monday, July 09, 2007

Our Integrated Lives

The conversations this morning went something like this:


He: Can you print off a couple things for me? Here are 7 urls, 1 pdf and 1 word file. And then I need 50 more color copies of the flyer--duplex, please. No don't bother folding them, I'll do that later.
Me: Grrr.
He: You know, if you had a real job, you couldn't complain like that.

Me: Your lack of planning does not constitute my crisis.
He: What lack of planning? I've been planning this for weeks. And what do you mean, "last minute"?? The plane doesn't take off for another four hours.

He: Did you pick up my business cards from the printshop?
He: Yep, and you're not going to like the mistake they made on them.

He: Where's my favorite shirt?
Me: I just finished your laundry.

He: Where's my new pants?
Me: I just finished hemming them.

He: You know, I don't think I have room in my suitcase for my tennis shoes, jeans, dress shoes or dress pants. Could you put them in your suitcase when you come?
Me: Sure. When I join you next week all I'm bringing is my toothbrush and a change of underwear.

He: Photos. Don't you think I should take some photos of the family with me?
Me: Have you ever heard of the internet? Let me write down the URL.

He: Could you make a back up copy of my Powerpoints on a CD? The one for the keynote lecture at Stanford and the one for the sermon I'll be giving 5 times. Don't mix them up.
Me: Mix them up? Hmm, that could be instructive--in both cases.

Me: Would you like some salad? It might be your last chance for vegetables.
He: I know California is full of fruits and nuts, but do you think there are no vegetables?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you coming to California? I know it's a big place, but you have to stop by San Diego if you're in the area....

shroud/charley

Thainamu said...

We are coming to California. In fact, Gary is supposed to be having dinner tonight in Mountain View with his friend who created Perl. I'm flying out in a week and then we're going to visit friends and relatives in the Santa Cruz area--too bad San Diego is too far away!