Monday, June 09, 2008

Craving an Apology

I've been told that my biggest personal failing in life is my inability to apologize when I do something wrong. Instead of apologize, I deal with the situation by putting it behind me and trying to "do better" in the area where I failed. Usually that works, because I don't feel I have many terminally broken relationships in my life. But still, it is true: I admit I have a hard time apologizing.

Right now I'm personally going through a situation where I wish someone would apologize to me. I'm not going to say who or why, but deep inside I hurt and feel like that hurt won't go away unless that person would personally apologize to me.

However, I'm not stupid or blind, and I'm pretty certain that this person is NOT going to apologize to me, ever. Very likely, the person has no idea of the pain I'm feeling. And even if they did know, they wouldn't likely feel any obligation to do anything about it.

So, I guess I'm left in a position that I've often put others in.

Let's hope my hurt isn't entirely wasted.

Proverbs 20:31 Sometimes it takes a painful experience to make us change our ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been in the same situation for about a year...and its really hard

check the message i sent you a while back on xanga
-mandie

Thainamu said...

Yes, I know the situation of which you speak, and I think it is similar to the one I'm in in certain ways (but different in other ways).

Sigh.