Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another New Bird

I seem to have a difficult time finding anyone to go birdwatching with me. But today the weather was so lovely I just had to go. I often go by myself, but for safety I try to tell someone where I am going. Tonight I called Rachel to tell her I was headed for Joe Pool Lake and ended up taking her into going with me. Didn't she take a lovely photo of the sunset?

We watched a pile of terns flying around and diving straight down into the water. I saw one catch a small fish, then toss it, or maybe it dropped it, but then it caught it mid air again. I'm not certain, but I think they were Forster's terns, so I'm adding that to my life list.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Those are some really nice pictures of Joe Pool.

Congrats on adding another species to your life list - which I am sure is a nice bonus to being able to enjoy that beautiful sunset!