Friday, December 31, 2010

Van Camping and Bird Watching


Gary got me a spotting scope for Christmas, something I be wanting. We got it at Dick's Sporting Goods, and found a no-name one that was about half the price of the name-brand ones. It might not be as good, but we decided it was just fine for a beginner like me.

I want to get the gadget that holds a small digital camera up to a spotting scope so I can do "digiscoping." The above photo of an Eastern Phoebe was taken thru the scope. The originally was badly vignetted, but it looks pretty good after cropping.

We went "van camping" last night at Joe Pool Lake. The weather was very mild, so it was actually quite fun and restful and it gave me a chance to try out my new toy. If you want to see photos of our trip, click here. If you want to see the list of the 24 bird species I saw, click here.

No comments: