Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winter Vacation Birdcount


I finished adding my recent bird list to Birdstack while watching a really dumb movie last night, so here are the final totals: I identified 62 different species (click here to see the list) and of that 62, these 27 were all lifers for me:

Bufflehead
Black-necked Grebe
Bridled Titmouse
Green-tailed Towhee
Crissal Thrasher
Lesser Goldfinch
Red-naped Sapsucker
Black-throated Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Pyrrhuloxia
Evening Grosbeak
Yellow-headed Blackbird
Western Meadowlark
Scaled Quail
Vesper Sparrow
Brewer's Sparrow
Chihuahuan Raven
Northern Harrier
Audubon's Warbler
American Yellow Warbler
Cinnamon Teal
Black Phoebe
Green-winged Teal
Eurasian Collared Dove
Sandhill Crane
Ruddy Duck
Northern Shoveler

I have to also say that there were probably 3-4 different species of sparrows that I couldn't manage to identify, and probably a hawk or two like that also.

My life list is now up to 288.

If you want to see photos of some of the birds we saw on this trip, click here.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Nice list. I see a few lifers there myself!

Rick Wright said...

Great stuff! Hope you'll put your lists into eBird.org.