Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hot and Dry


Today actually wasn't so hot and dry. In fact, when I woke up this morning and looked outside it took me just a second or two to figure out what that stuff was--a little bit of misty rain. It stayed overcast all day, so we didn't get to 100, though more of triple digits is expected next week.

This Box Elder tree has just had its fill of the the hot and dry weather--it has turned colors and the leaves are all falling off. On the other hand, the Isabella tree to the left is doing well because Gary has been giving it a couple wheelbarrow's full of water each weekend.

I decided it was cool enough outside to resituate my bird feeders. I'm happy I keep seeing the juvenile painted bunting. The pair that have been here since spring have had at least one baby.

No comments: