Monday, October 25, 2004

Crisis averted

When child #3 called last night and asked me to send cookies, what could I say? So today I went to find my favorite cookie recipe and IT WAS MISSING! I nearly panicked until my neighbor invited me over for a cup of tea and dug the recipe out of her box--which she had gotten from me some years ago. So now cookies are baking and starving child #3 will soon get his package.

And while I'm on a kitchen theme, here are some little known facts about kitchen colors:

  • Split green peas will fade to yellow if left in the sunlight.
  • Cut green apples turn brown slower than cut red apples.
  • The bleach stain on my apron is not a color nor a stain.
  • White meat starts brown and ends up white.
  • Red meat starts red and ends up brown.
  • No food should be gray.

No comments: