Friday, October 22, 2004

Full nest for a few days

We've had visitors this week, a couple the age of our parents, who have loved and supported us for many years. Every time they come they fix something in my house (which is nice since my husband, capable in so many ways, isn't much for fixing things). This time they did some caulking in one of the bathrooms and fixed a wobbling towel rack. It is always nice to have them come, and it would be nice to have them come even if they didn't fix things for us.

And last night our daughter came home from college for her short fall break. We had to drive 20 miles to pick her up from a town south of Dallas, but at least we didn't have to drive 200 miles to pick her up from a town north of Dallas. Unfortunately, it won't be much of a break for her since she has school projects to work on. Sigh. The girl works so hard, but gets discouraged at times because school is not particularly easy for her. We keep reminding each other that she has only one and a half semesters left (out of ten) to graduate. (And my husband and I keep reminding ourselves that we only have one and a half more semesters to pay for!) Anyway, I may take the day off work so I can be with her, take her to get a haircut, maybe we'll go to the HS football game tonight, etc.

2 comments:

MoM said...

Sounds like you have the makings for a fun weekend together. Hope you enjoy her visit. I wish my two could come home for turkey day....oh well in time for Christmas. MoM/Lisa

Thainamu said...

Yeah, we've already done the haircut, been to the library, and voted. Bad weather is threatening so I don't know if we'll make it to the football game or not. When our boys were in college they were too far away to come home for the holidays except Christmas, and I know how sad that made me. And now that they have real jobs they are even farther away :-(