Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"I have a word from the Lord for you"

Someone told that to me a week ago. I get nervous when people say they've received a direct revelation from the Lord, but I listened anyway. His word to me turned out to be simple enough, and biblical enough too: "You need to calm down and trust the Lord."

Indeed. The situation that prompted my latest round of worry has come and gone, and surely the Lord is taking care of all those involved. We thank God for his gracious love to us, his work in our lives and the lives of our children, and his patience with me when I would rather worry about things than trust him.

Lord, thank you for hearing our prayers. Continue to work in all our lives.

4 comments:

Me said...

Is that a picture of you and yours? If so, that is a beautiful picture! It sure is fun to have a picture in mind to refer to when chatting.

Julie

Thainamu said...

Ha, ha. If by "mine" you mean my son, then you're right! (He's the one I've been praying about.) If you want to see me and mine, try http://home.comcast.net/~linda.simons/

MoM said...

Hello Linda, It is amazing how our concerns change over the years. It makes me realize how much I need to be in prayer even today for the significant other to be involved in each of my kids lives. I need to start early - lots of kids, lots of prayers!!! Your hubby had very good God given words of wisdom as well. God gives us our passion and he provides both spouces and friends to keep us company while we fulfill those passions. It sounds like your son has been living with a fine example of that.

Me said...

*still chuckling*

julie