Monday, December 20, 2004

A Good Day

I've had a good day today. At staff meeting this morning we prayed for God's help in solving a problem. I won't bother with all the details here, but God ended up solving the problem in a way completely different than I had planned, using people I hadn't even imagined.

I was able to schedule a doctor's appointment--"How about in an hour?" instead of, "Sorry, no openings until..."

Three boxes of Christmas gifts arrived for us.

The tickets I ordered for David's Christmas arrived.

A check for nearly $4000 arrived for Andrew--his loan repayment application was approved (this covers 6 months of payments).

I put a printer in the trash. I spent too much time trying to make an old printer work with a new computer, and the software just wasn't cooperating. Somehow it was freeing to just chuck it.

The only bad thing that happened today was at dinner. My normally concilitory husband, who generally isn't a picky eater, rebelled against the idea of eating baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese sauce. He doesn't like baked potatoes to start with, and he hates "liquid cheese," as he calls it. So he decided to eat fruitcake for dinner instead. I say "Yuck!" to that. What does one do with a single lonely baked potato?

1 comment:

Ma Hoyt said...

You wait until it's "hard as a brick," and then put it in a cooking pot with two or three OTHER old potatoes, and then you put another smaller pot over it, and then.....