Monday, December 13, 2004

Wicked Sense of Humor

There were two funny things at church yesterday. I hope I can tell the story so it is funny, but it might turn out to be one of those cases where "you had to be there."

First, my husband went to get some coffee before Sunday School. The guy in line ahead of him was a cheerful black man who was stirring creamer into his coffee. He made the remark to Gary, "How do you take your coffee?" and Gary replied, "Don't you know Black is Beautiful?" At which point I was about to clobber him, but our friend just laughed and said, "Yes, but not for coffee."

Then in SS class we had another laugh. Bob, our leader, has a daughter who is soon to marry the son of Alan, a class member. Bob got up and said, "We thank the Lord that we are soon to become grandparents. Our son, David and his wife..." at which point Alan blurts out, "Whew!" After a few seconds we all got the joke and had a good laugh.

And on a different topic, if anyone wants to see a few photos of the visit last weekend of our older son's girlfriend, you can see them on my personal website. The son in the photos is our younger son who was home for the day (the older one being in Africa).

3 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Thanks for giving me a chance to laugh out loud at the coffee comment :-)

Ma Hoyt said...

Nice pics. I doubt I'll ever achieve posting of pictures status.

She is beautiful!

(uh, is she taller than Andrew, too?) hee-hee

Thainamu said...

Yes, she is an inch or inch and a half taller than Andrew. The blunt child in the family made a remark about her being taller and she didn't seem to mind--either the remark or the truth of it. She's got a good sense of humor, too. :-)

As for photos, I think you have to have a webspace where your photos to live, then you make links to them in your blog. If I undestand it correctly, the free Blogger doesn't let you upload photos directly.