Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Omniscience?

I've had three or four people in the last week come to my office, or call me on the phone, or bump into me in the ladies' room and ask me some minor question about something or other. They say in a sweet tone of voice, "You know everything" then proceed to ask their question about what time does Bible study start, where to find help for some software program, how do you post things to the new intranet, how to get money transferred from the Philippines, etc. I've decided people come to me because 1) I'm an administrative assistant, and 2)I've lived here a long time.

The other thing that I sometimes get told is, "You think you know everything." This is usually said with a considerably less-sweet tone of voice.

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

As a demonstration of your capabilities, please pass along my congrats to Melchizedek, as I can read his comments but not make a comment.

I guess that means you're omnipotent, as well :-)

Hey, my kids are always asking me random factoids, like "Mommy, who invented the hotdog?" To which I reply, "I don't know...I am not an encyclopedia!"

Then they ask me something else I don't know.

Freethinker said...

She's so good I found out before she told me.

Thanks for your support.