Friday, March 23, 2007

Celebrate Spring

Yesterday I planned to celebrate the coming of spring by taking the flannel sheets off the bed and putting on the regular ones (which, sadly, are getting a bit threadbare, but I like the colors so much I really don't want to give them up). That didn't work out yesterday because we were too busy waiting for hot water. But today I was able to wash the winter sheets with LOTS of HOT water! Yay!

Another thing to celebrate today was an email from colleagues saying they had signed off on the copy of the New Testament they've been working on for many years--which means it is off to the typesetters. Nice to be able to celebrate milestones like that with them.

I haven't really gotten into spring cleaning yet, but I did do a complete empty of my email inbox today--finally ordering a book written by a friend I've been going to do for months, finally responding to a greeting I've been going to do for weeks, and finally sending in a donation I've been been going to do for days. That might be worth celebrating too!

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

I am having a hard time reconciling these two things....Texans and flannel sheets...

Thainamu said...

Now are you going to tell me there's no air conditioning in Iowa?