Thursday, March 22, 2007

Open Rehearsal

Our small group decided to go the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and Chorus free open rehearsal of the Messiah last evening.
I know I've blogged about it before, but the Meyerson Center is really a pretty cool building!
Rachel joined us. Her college choir had done the Messiah a few years back, so it was all I could to to keep her from singing along!
One of our group members is an alto in the chorus, so we had a chance to support her and hear some great music at the same time.
This might not exactly be opera (Ma, that comment was for you), but it is the closest I'm likely to get. You know the music was great. The only thing that was maybe just a tad weird for me was the alto solos being sung by a countertenor. One had to wonder if he was singing falsetto, or, um, had other issues.
The downtown Dallas skyline is pretty cool too!

1 comment:

Ma Hoyt said...

Oh Thainamu, I would go hear the Messiah anytime.

It would have the capacity to be moving just because the words (in English :-) mean so much to a Christian.

I assume this was the Easterish part of the Messiah? I'm glad you got to go.

(see, you're not a com-plete Philistine)