Friday, November 21, 2008

New Throne Room

I'm very excited to say that we are about to embark on a remodeling project at our house. We've been saving the pennies since our kids finished college (not a penny to spare before then) so we could remodel two of our three bathrooms. Yesterday I called a friend who manages many rental houses and got the name of a contractor whom he trusts. Today this contractor, named Ernesto, came by and talked to me. I'm so excited--I've been wanting to get this done for a long time.

First order of business: order a voucher for $90 off each new throne. That goes in the mail tomorrow.

We are fortunate enough to have a third bathroom that we can use while the other two are being remodeled. And I'm happy that the plan is to turn the half bath off our bedroom and the main bathroom with a tub into two full bathrooms with tiled showers. The space is tight, but it looks like it can be done.

1 comment:

MnC said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I know you have been wanting to do this for a while and only regret I cannot fly over there to chip in.