Sunday, January 23, 2005

Carolina Chickadee


Carolina Chickadee Posted by Hello

I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell the difference between a black-capped chickadee and a Carolina chickadee, but my bird books tell me that only the Carolina ones live in Texas.

-----------

We have a new pastor at our church. Today was this third Sunday and he talked about greed, which got me thinking about the opposite: generosity. Generosity is not so easy as just being physically generous. It is harder to be generous with your love, mercy, time, compliments, and interest in others. The point the pastor made was about being generous with one's privacy or private space. In other words, the willingness to let others take up the time one has to themselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point.

- Eeyore

Thainamu said...

LOL
Such a nice clear shot--your camera must be better than mine.