Monday, January 24, 2005

The Robins and My Chickadee


Mr. and Mrs. Robin, with cousin Charlie--no relation to Big Bird Posted by Hello

Today was Rachel's (she's one of my chickadees) first day of being Miss Rachel, the Kindergarten teacher. Well, she's not a real kindergarten teacher, but she's getting close! She started student teaching a private Christian school called School for Children (doesn't that seem like an odd name?) This assignment will go for 6 weeks I think, then she will switch to 2nd grade at a public school for 6 more weeks. She has to be there at 8am and gets off at 4:30 pm, except for Tuesdays when she has to stay until 5:30pm. She called me briefly this afternoon to say she had gotten through the first day OK, and she sounded happy but tired. She said her day might go smoother if she figured out the night before what she was going to wear. She also figured out why teachers wear sensible shoes :-)

We are so proud of her to reach this step, and we continue to pray that God will strengthen and care for her, and guide her regarding decisions for her future.

2 comments:

Thainamu said...

Sounds like good advice. Reminds me of what my husband told me when he left me at home with three preschoolers: "If you get angry, don't kill them. Call me first. I'm just across the street. I'll come home and help you." (Hmm, did he mean come home to help me kill them?? :-)

Thainamu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.