Friday, July 22, 2005

Lancaster County (Monday)


tourist

Monday morning I cleaned up my guest room and boxed up the pocket knives for mailing to Chris and Ken just in time to attend morning prayer meeting at the Northeast Regional Office. After that, Carol took me around Lancaster county to do some of the tourist things. We visited Intercourse, Paradise, and Bird-in-Hand. I'm not kidding.

If you knew Carol, you'd know we had to go to a quilt shop or two. Many beautiful quilts of several kinds. Very impressive indeed. Each quilt pattern has a name and Carol knew them all.







We ended our morning of gawking by going to a wonderful Amish diner for lunch--yummy home cookin'. After that, it was time for me to head back to the airport. By some miracle, I didn't get lost until I discovered that I had read the instructions for returning the rental car incorrectly. So I drove around Philly for a while, but I did finally arrive plenty early, only to discover my flight was delayed two hours. Another time it was nice to have a cell phone.

My family was at the airport to pick me up, happy to see that I hadn't been killed by an ax murderer.

No comments: