Thursday, July 21, 2005

To Lancaster (Sunday)


ice cream

I didn't sleep at all well on Saturday night, nursing a headache as well as general conditions that were not conducive to sleep. About mid morning I found Colin and Ken and took their engraved pocket knives so I could mail them to them so they wouldn't get confiscated at the airport. Stacy gave me hers as well. Kenny gave me his nice PA map, which was some help to me in finding my way west. By some miracle I made it to Willow Street and to Carol's house without getting lost, and I didn't need to use the cell phone until I was already in her building and didn't know which door was hers.

Carol made me a very nice Sunday lunch, and then we went to the creamery for a Snickers ice cream cone in a homemade waffle cone. Yummy! After that we visited some of her friends including Sharon who showed me the quilt Carol had made for her. Isn't it beautiful?


quilt

After that we watched the Amish buggies go by on their Sunday drives.


juxtaposition

I had a restful evening, all by myself in a large building that housed the Wycliffe regional office and four guest rooms.

No comments: