Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Visit to the Dallas Police Station

Be generous and share your food with the poor. You will be blessed for it. 22:9


Yesterday I took the day off work (not being hard to do since both my bosses were out of town) and went downtown Dallas to do an errand for Andrew. The Dallas Police Records building is on our side of downtown, so it wasn't hard to get to, and amazingly, no line to stand in either. I was able to secure Andrew's letter of good behavior, which he needs to apply for residency in Honduras, with only a few minutes of fast talking to explain why it wasn't possible to have the request letter notarized. After they agreed and started to process the thing, the lady asked me who Andrew worked for and I proceeded to explain about Samaritan's Purse. Then she went on to say that she thought she should take up a donation for missionaries, at which time I, never wanting to miss an opportunity to secure more supporters, told her who I worked for :-) Then she asked me for a business card, which, naturally, I didn't have. But I wrote down the company URL on a post-it note with my name.

Anyway, this vintage police car was inside the building, and the entry way was studded with bronze mosaics about the history of the Dallas police.


Overheard:
You don't know what something is until you know what it is not.

No comments: